High school is a great time, many people think it is the “best” time of their lives while other people reference college or the next location as their “best” time. Regardless of where you land on the spectrum, high school will shape the rest of your life. Your friends, your programs, your training and skills, your academics all point you in a lifetime direction. Not a forever thing, just a direction. All good.
Let me tell you what you should look at:
Durham has some opportunities you should be aware and take advantage:
- Juniors and seniors can earn up to 45 college credits through Southern Oregon University. You do have to qualify in to those courses.
- Our Agriculture, Welding, Careers and 3-D Printing classes also may be able to earn college credit through Butte College. Ask about this.
- Our Athletic teams and programs are top in our league. Be involved in a sport or multiple sports for multiple years.
- Our band and program is one of the best in this area. It offers opportunities to play in Southern California and competes with other schools in marching and ability.
- Our FFA and Skills USA programs offer students multiple opportunities to compete at a local, regional and national level. Get involved!
- In 2019 our graduates earned over $190,000 in scholarships. Be a part!
- Best of all, our academic teachers and program prepare all students for success at the next level.
- Many of our students return and tell us that our classes really prepared them for college and the skills trade.
Here are a few important events for you to remember:
Orientation/Registration for Incoming Students:
Freshmen and new students will meet on August 7, starting at 6:00 p.m. in the gym.
If you will be a new student to DHS, regardless of your grade level, we encourage you to attend this night and receive information that will help you be successful from day one. This is a great time for students and parents to learn and become more comfortable here at Durham High School. Please remember to buy your ASB sticker during Registration so we can have them printed on the student ID.
Registration for Returning Students:
Sophomores, Juniors,and Seniors will meet on August 8, starting at 6:00 p.m. in the gym.
Student class schedules will be distributed and other important information presented. It is important that all students and parents attend orientation. Please remember to buy your ASB sticker during Registration so we can have them printed on the student ID.
First Day of School:
Wednesday, August 14th. All students meet in the gym at 8:00 a.m. for an all-school assembly.
School pictures will be taken on Thursday August 15, 2019.
Back-To-School Night will be August 28th at 6:00p.m.
Please feel free to stop by the school,checkout our website or give us a call with any questions you may have before the school year starts and throughout the year.
We are excited to meet each of you and look forward to the 2019-2020 Trojan year!
Robbin Pedrett, Principal